Land Registry Forms

Land Registry Forms during Conveyancing – Things to be considered

Land Registry is the most vital and most important part of the conveyancing process. Even if the entire process of search and contract has been completed, the land registry gives the final legal validation to the change of the title of the property. However, the buyer or the seller of the property has to fill the Land Registry Forms during the process in order to complete it. Change of Title is a crucial part of any property, and that may arise after or before the conveyancing as well. If the seller wants to change the title of the property before selling it off to avoid confusion, then it can be done at the office with the help of a solicitor. However, that does not necessarily mean that it can be changed as anyone wants. There are certain procedures and requirements of supportive documents to carry out the process. Here are the things that you must consider.

When to Register?

The first thing is to understand that when should you register at the Land Registry office. Whenever you buy a home, inherit it or transfer it from someone, build it, after the mortgage as well, you need to go for registration. However, for registration process of at the Land Registry Office, you need to complete the registration forms and complete the documentation. However, the documentation and land registry forms may differ here and there, but the core process remains the same for the registry. The forms are also required if someone is changing the title of the property for different reasons. It can change of name after marriage or after divorce. It can be due to the inherited property or others. The purpose of the Land Registry is to record each and every change that is happening in the every residential house across the United Kingdom. It is therefore very important to carry out the process during the conveyancing process. It is even required for the leasehold properties in the UK unless you have the lease for fewer than seven years.

Land Registration Forms

There are different Land Registration Forms that are to be filled by the applicants with the help of the solicitor. There are many forms and here are some of them that are important for conveyancing process and the overall transfer of property.

Standard Form of Charge – Approval is also known as the ACD form and used for Charge Deed or Mortgage Deed. For Adverse Possession or ADV forms, you can use ADV1 for registration and ADV2 for notification. AN1 is used for Agreed Notice of Registration. AP1 is on the other hand used for Change of Register. AS forms are used for Registered Title (AS1, AS2, AS3). For Commonhold CM1-CM6 are used for all the process from registration to termination. There are many other forms for Commonhold properties like COM, CON, COG and others. DS forms are used for mortgage issues. EX forms are used for Document Exemptions. HR forms are used for Renewal and Rights, and ID forms are used for Identification. TR forms are used for the whole registration and other purposes of the title.

Many other forms are available for Land Registry and the use depend on the purposes.